For more information please contact Douwe van den Berg.
+31 (0)53 486 1186
BTG has been active in the field of carbon consultancy since mid-1990s and has gained hands-on experience developing and implementing carbon trading projects and project portfolios, including CDM projects in Latin America and JI projects in central and Eastern Europe. This knowledge and know-how enables BTG to assist their clients with all activities in the project cycle:
- Project identification
- PDD development
- Supporting project validation and registration
- Project monitoring, verification and issuance
- Portfolio development
- Emission trading
In cooperation with BTG’s 100% subsidiary BioHeat International, BTG offers a market conform price for the emission reductions.
Project Eligibility Check
Developments go quickly in the carbon market, prices & calculation tools and methodologies change, opportunities come and go. The project eligibility check is developed for project developers & owners that wish to have an up-to-date overview of the eligibility of their project for carbon emission reductions, the amount of carbon credits and related revenues and costs.
- In the last few years, BTG has developed a portfolio of carbon emission reduction projects with 2-10 MWe rice husk fuelled CHP plants in South Brazil. Project selection is based on an analysis of company profiles, on technical & financial feasibility and potential emission reductions. BTG is responsible for supervising the full CDM project cycle, including PDD development, validation, registration and verification of emission reductions (CERs). The project was executed for BioHeat International B.V.
- Monitoring methane emissions from biomass waste stockpiles in Bulgaria. Methane (CH4) emissions from wood stockpiles show a large spatial and temporal variation. This project is aimed at modelling the methane emissions from wood stockpiles, and the year-round monitoring of the methane emissions originating from the biomass stockpiles at Svilosa (Bulgaria). Project was commissioned by The World Bank and PCFplus Research.
- Technical assistance to confirm Joint Implementation (JI) compliance of a portfolio of seven biomass boilers to be installed in Lithuania. The project includes establishing the degree of compliance with JI requirements, setting up the baselines, assisting in project scenario development, quantifying the volume of emission reduction units, and describing the institutional preparation of the host country. For: Dalkia International